All exams to be completed in credit granting courses must be completed with the supervision of a proctor. A person willing to accept the position of proctor must be a trusted individual who can take on a supervisory role in the administration of any examination or assignment.
- Make testing arrangements with the proctor.
- All arrangements are to be completed 2 weeks in advance of the exam date.
- If applicable, pay any testing fees and postage to the proctor.
- Take the exam during the pre-arranged time.
Criteria For Proctors:
- The proctor cannot be a relative, friend, roommate, employee, co-worker, neighbor, supervisor nor otherwise have a close relationship with the examinee. A teacher who is currently teaching the examinee is acceptable.
- The following types of proctors are acceptable:
- Certified teacher
- Certified librarian
- Ordained clergy (Pastor/Minister/Priest)
- Law Enforcement Officer
- Military Officer
- Principal or Superintendent of an Educational Institution
- Staff of Professional Testing Centers
- Please have the Proctor complete the proctor application form at least 2 weeks in advance of the exam date.
The responsibilities of a proctor are outlined below. All proctors are expected to adhere to these guidelines.
- The student is responsible for making initial contact with the proctor to make the necessary arrangements for taking the examination.
- Please verify the identity of the student with a valid driver's license or other acceptable form of photo I.D. If the student does not possess such ID, their parent may verify the identity of the student.
- The student may not view the examination prior to the date/time arranged for taking the examination.
- Please maintain an appropriate environment for taking the examination, free of distractions and comfortable for test taking. The location can be agreed upon between the student and proctor.
- The student is responsible for bringing any necessary supplies, such as pens, pencils, calculator, etc.
- If any fees, like a site fee for test administration or postage for return of paper tests, is required, request payment from the student before the exam begins.
- The proctored exam will be emailed to the proctor prior to the exam. The proctor shall print any paper exams before the exam time.
- The student should not be left unattended at any time during the course of the examination. The proctor must provide continuous monitoring during the exam.
- The student is not allowed to copy any questions down during the examination for use thereafter.
- The student may not communicate with others during the exam.
- The student must adhere to the time limit restrictions on the examination unless otherwise noted.
- No copies or records of any type of the exam other than the copy used for test-taking are to be made at any time.
- If the testing procedure is compromised due to the student’s improper conduct notify Nimbus Christian Education as soon as possible by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. DO NOT stop the student if the student is taking the exam. Allow the student to complete their exam and once completed, inform the student of the irregularities noticed and that you will be contacting Nimbus Christian Education who will contact their instructor. Please make note of the student’s conduct on the Student/Proctor Verification Form. This form will be sent to the proctor via email along with the exam.
- The proctor is responsible for recording the time the examination was started and the time the examination was completed on the Student/Proctor Verification Form.
- Upon completion of the examination, the student and proctor are required to completely fill out the Student/Proctor Verification form.
- The proctor is responsible for returning the Student/Proctor Verification Form via email and retaining a copy for his/her records. An examination received without the Student/Proctor Verification Form will not be valid.
- Within 24 hours of completion of the exam the proctor will scan and return the exam via email. Alternatively the proctor may mail the original exam directly. Please inform the teacher if the exam is sent via snail mail. Ensure that the Student/Proctor Verification Form is included.
- The proctor will keep the original exam for one week after the exam just in case there are any issues with the scanned version. Upon confirmation that the exam has been successfully submitted the proctor will destroy the original version.